Monday, January 31, 2011

Muffin Tin Monday...favorite foods and SUPER BOWL!!!

I've been peeking around the web this week and saw MTM and a couple other blogs with Super Bowl themed muffin tin meals and bentos, what a cute idea for these picks!!! I had been toying with the idea, but sometimes things come to life when I see them on someone else's site first. This week's theme is favorite foods, but with the Super Bowl right around the corner, I thought we would add to our theme this week. I found the cutest star picks (local cake supply store) and footballs (Party City) this weekend. Adrian has most of his favorite foods here...pepperoni and colby cheese star skewers, marshmallows and m&ms, hummus, crackers...we ran out of pita chips, strawberries, and turkey rolls. ((He would have loved to have Chick-fil-A nuggets and fries, but that's for when Mommy's not taking pictures!)) We are representing our favorite team, though they are not in the Super Bowl, we still love our Dallas Cowboys---we have to, Mommy was named after one of them in the 70s!!!
 
He LOVED the football picks!! He asked for extra strawberries for his bedtime snack...with a football pick please!!! I love how glittery the stars are...can't wait to use them for 4th of July, Christmas (at least the red and silver), New Years...lots of possibilities!!!
mmm...cheese and pepperoni!!!
I'm linking up with Muffin Tin Mom, go check out some really fun lunch ideas here!
Muffin Tin Monday at Her Cup Overfloweth

9 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Love all the stars and footballs!

Unknown said...

I love your picks too. The kabobs look wonderful.

SnoopyGirl said...

Your meal looks so colorful and festive! Love it!

Allison said...

So cute!! The picks are the best...and great pictures.

Kelly said...

This lunch is over the top cute! Love all the foods and picks.
http://littlewondersdays.blogspot.com/

Ludicrous Mama said...

Love it! What nice presentation! It's amazing what adding a pick can do for their appetites too!

Ludicrous Mama said...

And I TOTALLY used McD nuggets and fries in one of my dinner MTMs!
http://bitingmyhand.blogspot.com/2011/01/mtm-let-it-snow-let-it-snow-let-it-snow.html
As long as they ALL don't have fast food in them, don't be ashamed to use fast foods! All the nutritionist articles I've read that talk about fast food say that once or twice a month is a nice treat. So I just pretend I don;t go twice a week... err... I mean I just get Happy Meals on rare occasions

Kayli said...

Your tin is so cute! So colorful & exciting, especially for kids!
Love the star tin too.

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! Wonder if I could get my picky eater to try something if it had a football pick :) thanks for the idea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails