Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Tablescape Thursday...my first tablescape

I've been looking at tablescapes for a couple weeks on several blogs and I LOVE LOVE LOVE all the ideas I've gotten. I'm actually waiting on a set of china dinner plates to go with some salad plates my mom so graciously gave me...I admit, I begged. My mom has beautiful things from her mother and her grandmother...beautiful. I might have to tablescape at her house one day and take pictures! So, as I wait for my Thomas of Bavaria plates, I wanted to show you something more everyday at our house...even this, my husband was a little perplexed when I had plates and chargers all over the place! But when the hot homemade tortilla soup hit the bowl...he was happy and forgot all about my mess!
table for two...I've had these bowls for several years. When we first got married, we lived in a tiny apartment right down the street from a local artisan shop...it has since been bulldozed and I believe the shop is only online. These soup bowls are made by Tested by Fire Each are unique and would you believe mine are all seconds? Every couple of months, they would have a seconds sale. I grabbed six of these bowls over the course of a year or so, along with several serving pieces...I neglected to pull out any of them. My whole collection is seconds...but personally I think they are amazingly beautiful and unique!
  
 
I shopped in my living room for my centerpiece...the plate is a charger I found on clearance at Target a couple years ago. The doily is from Romania. I think I bought this one, although my MIL has made several for me. I'll take a picture of my wedding present sometime...amazing...took her months and she had it saved for her son's bride...the vase was given to me by my mom and it's filled with dried lavender and lentils.
I tried my settings with two different sets of glasses. The top are goblets from Pottery Barn...a gift from my brother years ago and a water glass from Mexico. In the bottom picture, I paired the water glass with a green glass goblet. I think these were from Target or Home Goods.
I wish I had dinner plates in this cream and brown scroll pattern, but when I bought them years ago from World Market, they were on clearance and only had salad plates. The blue-green glass plates are from Pier One, also bought years ago and probably on clearance:)
The tablecloth is from Home Goods. I love that store!

I just bought this set of Wallace flatware from Home Goods.
I found these napkins at Tuesday Morning and the napkin rings are a SUPER find...90% off after Christmas clearance...they were tucked away with the regular napkin rings, but they said 'First Frost' and only cost me 79 cents for 4
The pattern is called Oasis Fountain...I've just always loved the blues and browns...
    I'm linking up...for the first time...with
Between Naps on the Porch
if you like dishes and beautiful tablescapes, you must go look here!!!

9 comments:

Entertaining Women said...

You have a wonderful eye for design...I can see the makings of a nice collection of elements for tablescaping. I have a feeling that you inherited your talent from that precious mom of yours...I give china to my daughter and daughter-in-love, too. Keep up the good work! Keep collecting a little at a time. It will happen! I know that you're excited to receive those beautiful new dinner plates. Cherry Kay

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

This is such a unique set of dishes. Love that along with the bright tablecloth -- a winning combination.

Tricia said...

So glad you decided to join the fun of Tablescape Thursday! Your table looks wonderful -- love those handmade bowls! Your tablecloth also caught my eye. I look forward to seeing more of your tables!

Phyllis said...

I like the fact that this was your first tablescape post to Tablescape Thursday.....it was, also, my first post. My blog is new....like only four days old. I think you have set a lovely table and the colors and different patterned dishes add so much interest. Your soup bowls are amazing. You obviously have decorative talent!

Lynn said...

What a fun setting and I'm lovin' your one of a kind artisan bowls,they are just beautiful-enjoy:@)

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

Meredith, congratulations on your debut tablescape! It's a wonderfully warm and inviting table. Nicely done! Thanks for stopping by tonight.

Marigene said...

BEWARE...once you start tablescaping it becomes addictive!
I love your pottery bowls, very pretty. Hope to see you here next week...

Debby S. said...

Welcome to tablescaping! TT is wonderful and you couldn't ask for a sweeter bunch of bloggers! Your table is amazing!!!!Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you next week! I need blue dishes now! HEHEHE!

Debby S. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts with Thumbnails