Friday, February 4, 2011

Foodie Friday!!! Chicken Tortilla Soup and snow day...finally!

I know everyone has a recipe for Tortilla Soup and I've tried several, but came up with this one on my own...mixed a couple recipes I've tried and found the perfect combination. The Beef Stock is what makes this soup taste so good! Give it a try for one of your cold winter nights!
  4-5 chicken breasts
1 onion chopped
1 large (64oz) can diced tomatoes
1 box of chicken stock
1 box of beef stock
Taco Seasoning
salt& pepper
parsley
garlic & onion powder

In a large dutch oven start browning chicken breasts (seasoned well with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder and taco seasoning) in olive oil or butter. Add onion and tomato. Add stock and simmer low for 3-4 hours, or put in a crock pot on high for 3-4 hours. Check for seasoning. Garnish with avocado, sour cream, shredded cheese and tortilla chips.

Dinner one night...Lunch the next:)
 

It rarely snows in South Texas, but my 3 year old (who reads about snow and sees it on Charlie Brown Christmas) was so excited to get to make a snowball and throw it...not enough snow for a snowman, but the snowballs were fun!
sweet amazement and wonder!
There's a patio rug under that ice blanket!
Look, Mommy! a snowball for you!!!


I'm linking up my recipe with 
Designs by Gollum

2 comments:

Jenni Price said...

Hi Meredith,
This recipe sounds really good and I was wondering if I could use broth instead of stock? We are snowed in over here and I'm running out of creative ideas for using what I have from my pantry but I think I might have all of these ingredients except the stock. Thanks!

Jenni

Meredith said...

Yes, you can use broth or bouillon cubes and water...

Related Posts with Thumbnails