Friday, January 21, 2011

Foodie Fridays!!! Corn & Black Bean Salad and a cute fun find!!!



This week, I made a meal for a family from our church who just had baby #2! I made my Pork Chili Verde and added this salad, tortillas, sour cream and cheese and chocolate chip cookies to round out the meal. This is a summer salad to me, but it just works really well to put in a container and gets more flavorful in the refrigerator (unlike a green salad that would wilt)...so the recipe

1 bag frozen corn (in the summer, I  buy whole corn and scrape it off the cob)
1 can black beans rinsed well and drained
3 green onions chopped
3-4 homegrown or farmer's market tomatoes chopped
1 small jar pimentos
parsley
salt
pepper
garlic &onion powder
*in the summer, I use fresh chopped tomatoes, but I don't like the taste of store bought tomatoes in the winter, so I omitted them.
Mix everything well and check for seasoning. Serve cold.

If you have a Michael's nearby, go now! These cute muffin tin papers  were all 50% off! I'm a boy mom, so I bought trucks, circus animals, and blue & green stripes, but they also had some princess cups, pink stripes and a couple more that would work great for little girls too!

I can't wait to use these with my cute trucks and trains picks and all my Japanese animal picks!

picks
picks


I would love to hear about your recipes this week! If you would like to link up and share a recipe, click on the linky below!

3 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I make a similar salad in the summers - mine has tomatoes and avocado in it as well. So yummy.

I love how you've got your picks organized! I need to head to Michaels.

avalarue said...

The little cherub tomatoes are good year round.

Meredith said...

I got a couple of those containers from JoAnns when they were half off, but I've seen them at HL too...I like them because I can adjust the size of each compartment to fit longer picks if needed.

Mom, you're right about the cherubs...they probably weren't on sale..so I passed right by them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails