Friday, November 5, 2010

Another recipe or two

I made Easy Pumpkin Crumble tonight since I had all the ingredients on hand. It was really good...not too sweet. It would go really well with coffee...or a pumpkin latte! 
I'm trying to use what I have in my refrigerator, freezer or pantry before I say I have to go to the grocery store! I made mini pizzas using Italian Herb flat bread (in my refrigerator), monterrey jack cheese (in my refrigerator), canned tomatoes with garlic and olive oil (in my pantry), and pepperoni (in my freezer). My husband thought it was great. I finished the chicken and dumplings for lunch (we've eaten it for a few days)...another problem of mine is overcooking...like for 12 when it's usually eaten mostly by my husband and me...I'm working on it! 
A couple weeks ago, we had beef fajitas. I had bought a family size bag on sale and only used half, so I knew I had  meat I could use this weekend. As much as I love to cook, I completely forget to prepare things, like thawing meat in the morning so I can use it that night. I think my boys have made me absent minded. I completely blame them:)  I actually took the fajita meat out of the freezer when I was making the pizzas. I knew I wanted to make it overnight so we could eat it for lunch. I just put all this in the crock pot and hopefully tomorrow we'll be having some good eats!

one medium sized onion sliced,
salt,pepper, onion and garlic powder, parsley,
the rest of the canned tomatoes in garlic and olive oil, 
beef fajita meat (you could use skirt steak)
one can diced tomatoes,
one cup water,
I layered it in this order in the crock pot, covered it and turned it on low.  
I'll serve it in tortillas with avocado and salsa.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails