Thursday, September 13, 2012

Homemade Tomato Bouillon


Tomato Bouillon
20-25 Juliet tomatoes (small Romas)
olive oil
salt & pepper
parsley flakes
garlic powder
water


I coated my dutch oven with about 1 tablespoon or so of good Olive Oil. Added the tomatoes and about a cup or so of water, just enough to cover them. Add the seasoning, bring to a boil, then simmer til done. It's in a mason jar, but I didn't can this because I am using it within a week.
I made this rather mild because I want to add heat and garlic to it for one recipe and leave it plain for another. I'm making Romanian cabbage rolls tonight and they require plain Tomato Bouillon. If I want to make a spicy Mexican taco soup, then I can add to the bouillon.

enjoy!

Miz Helen’s Country Cottage

3 comments:

Lynn said...

I love the name Tomato Bouillon, bet it's very tasty:@)

Southerncook said...

It sounds delicious, I did a post about a Fresh Tomato Soup as well this week.

Carolyn/A Southerners Notebook

Miz Helen said...

Hi Meredith,
This is a great recipe to try with all the tomatoes we have from the garden this year. Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

Related Posts with Thumbnails