Saturday, March 12, 2011

The last 24 hours...

So, just to let you know...this is not a light hearted bento filled, muffin tin lunched, tablescaping, recipe making blogpost today...no it's my sob story about my poor 3 1/2 year old and the last 24 hours...
He's been slightly congested all week, but ran a fever Wednesday afternoon to Thursday morning, coughing Friday, then at 5:05 pm (after hours) he started whining / screaming / crying about how his ear hurt. 
So I called my pediatrician and got the name of the after hours clinic they recommended. ($20 copay, 30 minute wait was much better than ER $200 copay and 3 hour wait would have been!!!)
So, the diagnosis...
both ears had infections, we got a prescription for antibiotics and went home. Thought all would be well this weekend. We went to a local taco house and ate breakfast tacos. My husband took the boys to a park while I checked out two Estate sales and then we were supposed to meet at home after I picked up Adrian's antibiotics.
 I walked in the house to a screaming bloody faced little boy. I mean...there was so much blood. I calmly panicked inside, called my pediatrician to ask where to go, called my mom to come with me...
He had been on the porch with my husband (waiting for me to come home...guilty!!)...he lost his balance and toppled down the front steps...cement steps ...a nice gash in his forehead was bleeding down his face. It LOOKED a lot worse before he got cleaned up...so I called my mom. Isn't that who you would call?
My mom (yay for calm grandmas!!!) and I took him to an Urgent Care Clinic ($30 copay and 10 minute wait instead of the ER) while my husband stayed home with our little guy...
Second Dr.'s report of the weekend...
3 stitches in his forehead, a HUGE bruise that will most likely turn to black eyes, a couple scrapes on his side and back...
and a vanilla shake from Sonic for being the bravest, most well behaved little boy a mommy could ask for...especially while he got 3 pokes for numbing and 3 stitches for 'repairing' as the Dr. put it.
Here's hoping we spring forward to a much better Sunday!!!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

oh my gosh, that's awful! so sorry to hear about all the trauma. eli falls and gets eggs on his head constantly, so i really feel your pain with the second issue.

Meredith said...

thanks Dawn! the blood was definitely the worst part...since I didn't see it happen and all I came home to was my little boy with blood all over his face, it really sent me spinning!

Entertaining Women said...

We made 6 trips to the emergency room before my sone was two years old. He's in his thirty's now with two sons of his own. Glad the little guys are on the road to recovery. Thanks for stopping by my post. Cherry Kay

Related Posts with Thumbnails