Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Craftsmanship

 As many of you know, I spent 3 years in Romania teaching English. I left almost 10 years ago. I bought the wooden carved eggs and the hand painted real eggs in a Magazine de Cultura Romaneasca (a Romanian culture store) filled with beautiful handmade and hand painted artifacts. I had 3 real eggs, but sadly they are real and they break...see the crack below. 10 years ago I didn't pay alot...seriously maybe a dollar or two. I think now, they would be well over $10 each.
I also had 5 glass eggs, but knocked them over when I was pregnant with Andrew...oh well. The other wooden eggs (with the natural details) are from Zakopane, Poland. I bought them from a street vendor. One day, we'll go back with both our boys and I hope they love the culture and beauty of Eastern Europe as much as I do.
The sweet bunny egg holder is from World Market. 
Everything in their Easter store is 50% off.
 We're hosting 10, so I set two tables, using only my Italian Countryside and her Limoges Butterfly and Gilbralter Iced tea and wine goblets. The napkins are all from Target clearance. The children's tableware is from Target 2010 after Easter sale. The silver is all my grandmother's.
 I changed my menu up a bit and I'll share the recipes next week.
We're having
Garden Herb Chicken Salad
Romanian Potato Salad
Fresh Fruit with Poppy Seed Dressing
Deviled Eggs
Croissants
Easter nest cupcakes
Easter egg cookies
Berry Pie and Ice Cream
 Table for my little cottontails!
 Cristos a inviat! Adeverat, a inviat!
Christ is risen! He is risen indeed!

I'm celebrating with 
The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays
HAPPY EASTER!!!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that you have some treasures from your teaching time there. Your eggs are beautiful! Thank you so much for stopping by Meredith! Wishing you and your family a blessed Easter!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Your eggs are beautiful Meredith! How nice you kept them as a reminder of the nice crafts you did when you were a teacher. I was an English teacher for a few years too, but we didn't make anything, lol..Thank you for your lovely visit and may you have a very blessed EASTER SUNDAY!
FABBY

Jenni said...

Gorgeous eggs! I have some marble and glass, but haven't been able to afford the painted ones. Never come across wooden ones either, how cool!

The children's table is adorable:)

Babs said...

Love your special Easter eggs. They're all beautiful, and the table for the little cottontails is so cute. Wishing you and your family a very Happy Easter.
~Babs,

Unknown said...

Your tables are wonderful! What a great way to display your precious eggs, and on sale even! Found you at Seasonal Sundays

Tricia said...

Meredith, both tables look so pretty! I know the children loved their special table. What a great egg collection you have! They bring back lots of wonderful memories, I'm sure. The little bunny egg holder is adorable! Wish we had a World Market nearby! Thanks for your kind comment on my Easter table!

The Tablescaper said...

What a beautiful collection. Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays this Easter.

- The Tablescaper

Related Posts with Thumbnails