Friday, January 6, 2012

Foodie Friday -Slow Cooked pork tacos

In an effort to eat at home and save some on our food budget, I have enjoyed trying to prepare foods that make a little go a long long way! I used half a pork roast for this recipe, half a bag of frozen corn, a can of tomatoes and chicken stock! I cooked the pork all day in a large pot with carrots, onion and celery. Then when it was done, I put the vegetables in a separate casserole and made the pork tacos.
If you like pork roast, you could serve it traditionally the first night and use the leftovers to make tacos.

Slow Cooked Pork Tacos
Pork Roast (trim the fat)
Carrots 
Celery
Onion
Frozen Corn
Canned Tomatoes
Chicken Stock


Cook Roast in oven low and slow (hours at 285*) with carrots, celery, onion and cover with stock. When done, take vegetables out and add corn, tomatoes and more stock. I also added parsley, salt & pepper, and a little more onion. Shred pork and let flavors marry til your ready to eat. I served mine on warm corn tortillas with shredded cheese, sour cream and salsa. It was really good!!!


4 comments:

avalarue said...

I think even I could eat a plate of those, without the salsa of course. Looks delish!

Jane said...

Sounds good! I must give it a try when the guys are around...

Kathleen said...

That loos delicious! You made me hungry!

Miz Helen said...

Good Morning Meredith,
We just love Pork Tacos and this looks like an awesome recipe to have simmering away in that Slow Cooker, Yum! Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

Related Posts with Thumbnails