Saturday, December 10, 2011

Foodie Friday...a day late


Chicken Tortilla Soup (I had a sample at Alon HEB at their Chef counter and went home and made my own that night)
Stock
Shredded Chicken Breast
Diced Tomatoes with liquid
Onion
Corn or Hominy
Salt & Pepper
Black Beans rinsed and drained
Taco seasoning
parsley
Velveeta Cheese (it just makes it a little creamy…I used 3 slices, but it’s not necessary)

In large pot, sauté onions in butter or olive oil.  Add tomatoes and chicken and seasoning. Pour in stock to cover, add corn and beans and simmer until you’re ready to eat.
Serve with sour cream and avocado.
This has been my favorite this season. Not spicy, but so tasty. My little boy eats this with me daily when I make it!


Taco soup

1pound ground beef
Diced tomatoes
Tomato sauce
Onion
Corn
Salt & Pepper
Black Beans rinsed and drained
Great Northern Beans rinsed and drained
Taco seasoning
Stock
1 can salsa (I think my salsa was hot, because this was really spicy!)

Brown beef and onions in large pot. Add tomatoes and sauce and seasoning. Add stock, corn and beans. Bring to a boil and simmer til you're ready to eat.

I'm joining these blogs this week! Sorry I'm so late. We've been busy with Christmas and family!!!

Happy Cooking!!!

1 comment:

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Looks yummy! Cute little guys in your next post! :-) Happy week!...hugs...Debbie

Related Posts with Thumbnails