Saturday, February 9, 2008

It's been a while...

Life has been somewhat consuming. Adrian keeps me very busy. We have our daily and nightly rituals of eating, sleeping, playing and discovering the world around us. I believe, and my mom will strongly agree with me, that Adrian is a thinker...a very inquisitive little almost 6 month old! (Who indeed is not so little!)

He loves to study everything. He watches his hands, grips one wrist with the other hand and studies how he can move his fingers and twist his hand all by himself. He then goes on to study his feet. He has discovered they are attached and he can make them move, kick, rub his toes together and stretch them high up to his toys. He looks at the windows and the patterns the sun makes on the curtains or the ceiling or the walls. He clutches his fingers together like he is about to pray and studies how his fingers so magically fit one next to the other...sometimes I have to pry his hands apart because he has squeezed them so tight, I'm not sure he knows they can unsqueeze! He is so thoughtful.

He has also discovered the art of noise. I think Bill Cosby coined the phrase, 'the zerbert.' That oh so crazy slobbery kissing noise you can give someone else...along with the spit that comes with the zerbert... Adrian enjoys making any and every noise he can with his mouth. He laughs, squeals, hums, zerberts, spits, smacks, and I'm waiting for the next thing he will do! I tend to think that he will start talking next month. He seems to want to say something to me every time I look at him. We have 'conversations' all the time. I think he knows his mommy is a talker. He smiles when I make 'his noises' right back to him...it's like he is saying, "Yea, mommy, you get it...that's exactly what I was saying."

He has begun to cross his legs at his ankles when he lays on my lap to eat. Absolutely adorable. I can stare at his toes for hours in wonder and amazement.

Adrian has begun (finally) to sleep longer during the night. He usually goes to bed between 8:30-9:00 and sleeps til for 5 hours, wakes up, and then sleeps for another 4 hours or so. He has gone as long as 7 1/2 (after the super bowl!!!) but usually it is just 4 or 5. I await the day I can get 8 hours of sleep in one setting, but I don't think it will be very soon.

So little sleep, but so worth it. I wouldn't trade the last 6 months for all the sleep in the world. I am so blessed.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails