Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Herbed Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad


Sorry for the hiatus, I'm 17 weeks pregnant and have been very, very sick. So smelling foods and cooking fun recipes has not been on the top of my priority list. Taking pictures was definitely not on my list!
I've been a lot better for the past 3 weeks, so I'm hoping the worst is over.

We are beyond thrilled to add a third little one to our family and can't wait to meet him or her in April. I'll find out next month. I'm too much of a planner and with nothing pink in my house, I need to be prepared if God gives us a girl!

As a cook, I don't look forward to the time in my pregnancy when I gag at food smells, food textures and food tastes that I normally love. 
In the fall, I love to use fall flavors and herbs. To this chicken salad, I added dried cranberries, pecans, sage, and thyme. It's not your average salad, but it was really, really good!

Herbed Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad
2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
1 cup of peas (I used frozen)
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped pecans
mayonnaise (about 1/2 cup)
1 healthy squeeze of spicy mustard
juice of half a lemon, plus zest
salt 
ground pepper
parsley
thyme
sage
chives
garlic powder
poultry seasoning

For the dressing, I combined the mayo, mustard and lemon. Add chopped fresh herbs if you have them. I used 4 sprigs of thyme, 5 sage leaves and a small bunch of chives. Chop them and add them to the dressing. I added at least 1 tablespoon of dry parsley, 1/2 tsp of garlic powder and poultry seasoning. Salt and pepper to taste. Mix dressing well and add chicken, peas, cranberries and pecans. Refrigerate til ready to eat. Serve with toast or crackers.
Enjoy!
I'll be joining these blog parties!




1 comment:

Miz Helen said...

Hi Meridith,
Congratulations, what a awesome gift! We would just love your Chicken Salad. Thanks so much for sharing your great recipe with Full Plate Thursday and enjoy your Thanksgiving week!
Come Back Soon
Miz Helen

Related Posts with Thumbnails