Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Chicken Sliders and Brussels Sprouts



On Whole30, you eat a lot of meat and eggs, so I wanted to try something different.
I bought a package of ground chicken, probably a pound and a half total. I added an egg for binding, Green Za'atar seasoning (which is thyme, oregano, and sesame seeds-found at my local international market), parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper. I added a little olive oil and mixed them up. I formed them into small patties and put them on a baking sheet with a Silpat. I cooked them on 350 til done, but didn't like the color. I finished sauteing the Brussels Sprouts in a mix of bacon grease and olive oil. I added the chicken sliders to that pan to brown. Really good. We at these with leftover zucchini noodles. I share that recipe next. For the Brussels Sprouts, I simply cut them in half, out them in a pan of bacon grease and olive oil, added salt and pepper, and a little garlic. I cover my pan so they can steam just a bit, then take the lid off so they get crispy and brown.  

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails